Saturday, September 25, 2010

Operation: The Fruit Snacks


Finally, the game that requires a steady hand to pull pieces of plastic (meant to be bones, if I recall correctly) out of a naked man is a fruit snack. The thought of enjoying this confection is made even better by the revelation that it is expired by a few days:

I don't know what marketing conventions tell Kellogg's that a game would make a great candy. Furthermore, what is the unique draw of Operation? These are simulated body parts we're talking about here! I don't see the appeal Operation. This is probably because my parents wouldn't spend money on games that needed batteries. It's time for some games from my childhood to follow suit: Monopoly, Mouse Trap, Sorry, and Chutes and Ladders need an edible version. I don't want Candyland, however. That's too obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment